Avoid the GUM Clinic?
Why visit a GUM clinic when you can take a test in the privacy of your own home? . Confidante offers a confidential and accurate way to test for STIs at a time and place that suits you.
- Ensures total confidentiality and privacy – no one to recognise you going into or being in a GUM clinic
- Impartiality – no judgement made and no need to discuss your sexual history with a doctor or nurse
- Tests for 10 of the most common STIs
- Test results provided by email, phone, post or online– you decide which method suits you best
- Simple and quick to use
- Able to use in your own time and in your own home
- Test results available within 7 working days of receiving sample
- Order online or in store
Many individuals who have an STI do not show any visible symptoms, so it is entirely possible that they may not be aware of having one (or more). The CDC estimates that 90% of all people with genital herpes do not know they have it and only a third of all chlamydia cases are diagnosed.
Untreated STIs can cause a wide range of health complications. Some of the most serious problems associated with untreated infections include: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), fertility issues, widespread infection to other parts of the body, organ damage and, in severe cases, even death. Some STIs can also increase the risk of contracting HIV.
Other factors which may prompt a decision to take a test include:
- Change in the method of contraception used
- Sexual partner testing positive for an STI
- Unprotected sex
- Change in sexual partner
- Pre-pregnancy check to ensure there are no health issues which could affect fertility
- Split condom